I was up till 2am this morning finishing this one off and now as I type this evening I’m tired and my fingers are still sore from trying to force the needle through the t-shirt backing I’d applied. Embroidered onto a T-shirt, it’s currently still drying on the radiator (which isn’t on, but lack of anywhere else to put it and all that), so not the best of pictures.
The embroidery pattern is from Sublime Stitching’s Craft Pad, which you can get from Amazon here and it has many of Sublime Stitching’s patterns (so saving us Brit embroiderers from having to order from Sublime Stitching in the States, although then again I’ve ordered from them quite a few times now and they’re normally pretty quick and postage isn’t too bad).
I fell for the pattern above immediately and wanted it on a T-shirt, unfortunately I ended up choosing a T-shirt that was horrible to work with, it’s not the first T-shirt I’ve embroidered but I’ve never had such a problem with the T-shirt stretching before, so no matter how tight I pulled it across the hoop it still had give. I think the T-shirt (a £5 M&S fair trade one) had too much jersey content or something.
I also made a mistake ironing on the transfer and it slipped slightly giving a too thick line, so instead of using my usual three strands of floss I had to use six, which I think doesn’t look as nice.
So, all in all this project has taken a fair amount of time because I just haven’t wanted to pick it up sadly. That’s why when I got to within sight of the end last night I didn’t want to put it down as I thought goodness knows when I’d pick it up again and it was meant to be a summer t-shirt!