Watercolour tinting experiment – completed

20130811-182521.jpg

I’ve completed the watercolour tinting embroidery I started the other week. I was not sure how it was going to work, as due to the fabric (I think), the watercolour spread more than I expected but the topic of the embroidery suited the ‘blotchiness’ of it I think, I’m not sure how a less ethereal pattern would have worked. So in the end I’m really pleased with how it turned out, this isn’t probably going to be stitched into anything though, sometimes it’s good to experiment and just do embroidery as is.

(Pattern by Urban Threads)

Advertisements

One thought on “Watercolour tinting experiment – completed

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s