iPad case prototypes

IMG_0023

I’ve been making iPad cases, it’s been a lesson. The first batch I made, I designed the cases too small but as I am in the habit of cutting out all my pieces at once, I cut out the piece for three too small iPad cases, only to realise my mistake after sewing up the first one (so the lesson there, don’t be so organised when cutting fabric for something you’ve designed yourself!). The finished too small iPad case is now a sleeping bag for Girl Lacer’s teddy, the other two lots of cut out fabric, I turned into large pouches instead (can never have enough of those) and you can see them on the left. So I resized my design, making sure to only cut out enough fabric for just one iPad case this time and it worked! However only just worked it seems, as I should have allowed more length in the cases, which was only really obvious in the second and third case I made, however, they’ll do and if I make some more I’ve made a note to change my measurements again.

(Fabric used for those who are curious – all fairly old, as it’s from my stash but it’s a mixture of Michael Miller, Amy Butler, Their Nibs, some Japanese stuff, cheapy fabric from Fabric Land and Mini Moderns)

Advertisements

One thought on “iPad case prototypes

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s